Saturday, December 20, 2003

Am back in Scotland now after a difficult journey back. I always wondered why it was cheaper to fly through LA than to go via Singapore. If you've ever flown to LA on transit, then you'll realise why. The airport is complete organised chaos. And the airport staff......I've never met people so rude as the staff I encountered at that airport. The first people you encounter upon arrival are the customs people.....short little men on power trips who like to shout at you for not filling in your form correctly. (it wasn't my fault...the air steward gave me the wrong form!...I certainly didn't deserve to be shouted at. "Is the air steward a united states customs officer.....is he? IS HE???") Then after I had collected my baggage, there was an utter absence of directions. I caught the eye of a member of airport staff and said "excuse me please..." What I got in return was a hand thrust into my face in the manner of a Jerry Springer guest. She might as well have said "talk to the hand....." and did that eye popping, head rolling move that they always do. Rude, rude, rude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home