Friday, February 13, 2004

Things are looking up on the job front. Have 2 interviews with agencies on Monday for specific positions. They both asked my visa status, and neither seemed too concerned about the fact that I didn't have a work permit as yet. Fingers crossed!

Went into Auckland yesterday to have lunch with my old flatmate. It was nice to catch up. I also went for a wander round the shops and got a valentines gift for my other half. Was going to get something silly, but then I saw something practical which I thought he'd like, so I ended up getting the practical gift along with some wee silly gifts.

It always amuses me around this time of year to go into lingerie shops and see the number of bemused men trying to casually look through the underwear as if it's the kind of thing they do every day. Card shops are the same.......man stands at valentine card section, hand scratching top of head, eyes scanning for not too lovely dovey, not too rude, not too funny card. Choosing a card, the 'right' card, can be difficult though, so I fully sympathise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home