Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The sun finally came out on Sunday. It was a gorgeous day, 28 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We went a drive 10 mins up the coast to Brown's Bay. They had a car boot sale on, so we had a look round that...bought some cheap books. Then we sat on the beach and soaked up the sun for an hour or so before going for a wee paddle to cool down.

We also disovered a newly opened UK food shop while we were there. I could have gone mad and spent a fortune. Instead I limited myself to a box of cheerios cereal, a bag of sherbet lemons, 6 pack of walkers fries, can of heinz macaroni cheese, can of ambrosia semolina, can of mushy peas, and a can of grants chicken supreme. Oh, and 6 cans of irn bru. I was so excited going into that shop. I couldn't believe that they had all my favouirite stuff!

When we got back from the beach we hung out on the deck...boyfriend in the hammock, me on the beanbag. My back got burnt to a crisp though....my factor 15 suncream was no match for the NZ sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home