Friday, April 01, 2005

Back in NZ now. Got back on Monday afternoon and spent the evening cleaning the house (house sitter found can of chocolate cream in the fridge, and I don't know what he was doing but there were chocolate handprints everywhere). Had Tuesday off, so I hung around the house and spent time with the dog. Wednesday I went back into work, but as the day progressed I started to feel really ill. Left early, and was in bed by 7pm under a mountain of duvets shivering and suffering from flu. Spent Thursday on the couch with a hot water bottle and a blanket trying to stay warm whilst marvelling at the fact my pj's were soaked with sweat. It's now Friday, and am feeling better today. It's all gone into my chest now, so lots of coughing will be going on today.

Feeling sorry for myself though as this is the first time I've been really ill here and I'm all on my own :o( Have no mum to come round with lunch and make me cups of tea etc. Boyfriend did make me dinner last night though. His first attempt at scrambled aggs. They were pretty good too.

Poor dog is still scratching like mad and has more raw, bleeding patches. She had fleas again when we came back, so we bathed her with a medicated shampoo and gave her the spot on flea treatment. She doesn't have fleas now, but she's still scratching. I think she must be allergic to something. I had changed her dog biscuits a few months ago, so I've stopped giving her them in case they're the problem.

Weather here is about 20 degrees. Blue skies. Start of Autumn now, so a bit chilly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home