Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just been on Friends Reunited to see if anyone new has added their name. Practically everyone I went to school with is married with several kids. I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't 'grown up'. I'll be 29 in a few months, but I don't feel anywhere near that age. I've become very conscious of my age these days. The skin on my face isn't as firm as it was. I'm can't lose weight as easy as I used to.....but I can put it on a lot easier. If I want to have kids myself, I really should start thinking about it. I feel like I'm wasting my life away sometimes. It rears itself in work mostly when I'm bored and I can feel the frustration building and I just want to jump up from my seat and run, and keep running.

Anyway. Enough of that.

Last weekend, I got bitten on my right hand and my left wrist by a mosquito whilst walking the dog. The bites were a bit itchy, but were ok. The next morning I woke up to find my hand and wrist had swollen up and were itching intensly. One visit to the docs later, I had antibiotics and allergy pills for the 'allergic and infectious' reaciton I had suffered. I had people coming up to my desk at work just to look at my big fat hand, and to proclaim how digusting it looked, and to offer solutions to my itching problem. Thankfully, all was back to normal after about 2 days.

On my usual Saturday morning phone call home, my mum was telling me a very funny story about my cousin and her kid who live in Finland. My cousin's daughter who is 14 and at boarding school during the week, came home at the weekend and said to her mum she wanted to wax her armpits. She was very determined, so my cousin got her the wax kit, and they put it on one armpit. Anyway, turns out the wax was too hot and the kid starts screaming that it's painful. She won't let her mum anywhere near her though, and after a while the wax hardened. She ended up going to bed that night with all this hardened wax under her arm. The next day, she let her mum help her and they managed to soften it a bit with hot water bottles and then scrape it off. I bet she'll be sticking to shaving in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home