Friday, September 30, 2005

I'm back in NZ now. The journey back wasn't too good. I was supposed to have a hotel booked in Dubai as I has a 10 hour wait before my next flight. No hotel booked though, so I had to spend 10 hours in Dubai airport. Wasn't a pleasant experience. Spent the first 5 hours in a hard plastic seat and managed to get about 2 hours sleep. Then went off in search of some floor space. Managed to sleep for an hour or so there. I also had to pay $12 US for a shower, which is ridiculous. An airport of that size that is as busy as it is should have free shower facilities.

Didn't need the booze on the plane either. Was so knackered I was sleeping as soon as I was in my seat. And was woken up again by the german girl next to me nudging me awake to say they were coming round with drinks. Was not best pleased, but guess she was only trying to be nice.

Is nice to be back. Good to see my boyfriend and dog again. Lovely weather here too. Not a cloud in the sky and pretty warm. Going to sit in the garden today and chill out with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home