Saturday, January 28, 2006

Went to a 'ceroc' class the other week. It's kind of like salsa, but with easier steps and less hip swaying. There were about 10 women and 4 guys. The idea was to form a big circle which the instructors stood in the middle of, demonstrating the steps. They would perform the steps and then the women would find a man, practice the step and then move on. The women all move round in a clockwise direction, so that every 3 mins or so they get to actually practice the step with a man. The women weren't allowed to partner up as the steps for the man and the woman are very different.

I really enjoyed the class. At the end of the hour, we were actually able to put all the steps together and do an impressive little dance - to music!

I was a bit worried as I know that men use these classes as a place to pick up women, and I didn't want to be dancing with letchy old men. I didn't need to worry though, it wasn't like that at all. The only people on the prowl were 2 women who were obviously well on their way to 60, but were trying to stay as young as possible. They were very slim with trendy clothes, trendy hairstyles, and lots of makeup. They did very little dancing, and lots of flirting. They acted like silly 16 year olds which kind of made me cringe to be honest.

I was distrurbed by those 2 women, I have to say. It made me look at my wardrobe and ask myself if I'm dressing too young for an almost 30 year old. I don't know....is it ok to wear frilly pink skirts at 29???

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex M said...

Of course it is. 30 ain't old.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Not that I wear frilly pink skirts.

Not very often, anyway.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home