Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I have a bit of a problem at the moment. It's called a pot belly. Mine it seems, doesn't want to get any smaller. It wants to sit over the top of the waistband of my jeans. It wants to jiggle when I run. It wants to expand to twice it's size after every meal. Most of all it wants to ruin any chances I have of wearing a nice, fitted dress to a wedding next Friday.

I actually have the dress. I got it for my university graduation ball and have only worn it that once. It's an expensive dress, very nice, and perfect for wearing to a wedding. The only problem is that when I wear it I look about 3 months pregnant.

I have bene trying half heartedly to lose weight in the weeks leading to this wedding. Ok, I haven't been trying at all really. I just hoped that I'd wake up on the day and my pot belly would have miraculously disappeared. I think I'm quitre an active person in my day to day life, and I don't eat that much, but the weight keeps creeping on.

I'm giving myself a week. A week of cutting down and exercising (exercise bike every night), and we'll see how I look after that. Hopefully I'll be able to wear some stomach control pants and look fantasic in that dress, with not a bump in sight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home