Sunday, March 14, 2004

My first week in my new job wasn't too bad. Will be getting training for the first few weeks with a gradual introduction to doing actual work. As the company makes software for medical labs and hospitals, every new person gets to have a tour round a lab. It was fascinating stuff. Best of all was the department where they prepared the tissue samples for the pathologists to look at. They had loads of jars filled with things like skin and moles. I saw what a piece of breast tissue looks like. (White with bright yellow wavy strands coming out of it).

In other news, the weather here seems to have taken a turn for the worst. It's suddenly gotten cold. It's the one thing I really hate about this place. When it gets cold in the house, you just have to suffer it. No central heating. As I type I'm wearing a t-shirt, long sleeved top and heavy sweatshirt. My feet and hands are still cold though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home