Sunday, June 11, 2006

It seems I have turned into a bit of a Victor Meldrew in my old age. It all started last Monday. My boyfriend and I were meeting a group of people we used to work with. We were all having a meal in honour of one of them who'd just returned from her OE. Anyway, most of us ordered entrees and we all ordered a main course. One of the guys ordered a bottle of wine, and quite a few guys had a beer or 2. We didn't have any alcoholic drinks, just water (from a tap) and a diet coke. When the bill came, the guy who had ordered the bottle of wine decided it was easiest just to split the bill 9 ways. Well, I was a little mad at this. We ended up paying a LOT more than our entree and main course actually cost. One poor guy who only had a main course ended up having to pay double what his meal cost! No-on else seemed to care, or they didn't want to seem cheap by speaking up or whatever. All the way to the cash register I maintained what a rip off it was to the ones who weren't drinking and how unfair it was. In the end I had to pay as everyone else was.

Last night we went out for dinner to a Belgian beer cafe we've been to several times before. I ordered the chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta with a green salad and fries. When it came out, they brought me my salad, but no fries. Then, when I cut into my chicken, I discovered it was just a plain old chicken breast, with no spinach or feta. I complained, as you do. I ended up getting some spinach and feta brought out to me in a wee bowl, as well as a wee plate of chips. I also got a free dessert.

This evening, I went to the supermarket. I was buying some yoghurt and I was checking the best before date as the previous Sunday I'd discovered the shelves were full of out of date yoghurt. The previous Sunday I'd told a member of staff who'd taken the yoghust off the shelves. I couldn't believe it when I discovered the same out of date yoghurt had been put back on the shelves again. I asked to speak to the manager and he was pissed off, as rightly he should be. He told me the staff member would be reprimanded, but I'll still be checking those dates next week.

What about you guys? Do you complain when something isn't to your satisfaction, or do you let it go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home